ElephantVoices' priorities for 2021:
- Officially launch and promote The Elephant Ethogram, our unique, fully searchable online database documenting some 425 African elephant behaviors with written descriptions, educational video clips (approx. 2300 clips), audio (around 250 field recordings) and photographs.
- Further expand The Elephant Ethogram with rare behaviors, in collaboration with colleagues, documentary film makers and members of the public.
- Carry out field work in Amboseli National Park, Kenya, to further document particular elephant behaviors.
- Inspire interest in elephants, their natural behavior and protection of their habitats, through social and other media outlets, using The Elephant Ethogram as a foundation.
- Engage in collaborative research on elephant conservation, communication, behavior and culture.
- Continue our long-term battle against the ivory trade, trophy hunting, and the capture of elephants for captivity, in collaboration with our partners.
- Provide science-based advice, statements and affidavits on selected elephant conservation issues and welfare cases.
- Disseminate science-based education through ElephantVoices.org, our social media channels and external media.
- Continue to work with Elephant Sanctuary Brazil and Global Sanctuary for Elephants as Co-Founders and Partners.