ElephantVoices' priorities for 2021:
- Officially launch and promote The Elephant Ethogram, our unique, fully searchable online database documenting close to 500 African elephant behaviors with written descriptions, video (over 2300 clips), audio and photographs.
- Further expand The Elephant Ethogram with rare behaviors, in collaboration with colleagues, documentary film makers and members of the public.
- Carry out field work in Amboseli National Park, Kenya, to further document particular elephant behaviors.
- Inspire interest in elephants, their natural behavior and protection of their habitats, through social and other media outlets, using The Elephant Ethogram as a foundation.
- Engage in collaborative research on elephant conservation, communication, behavior and culture.
- Continue our long-term battle against the ivory trade, trophy hunting, and the capture of elephants for captivity, in collaboration with our partners.
- Provide science-based advice, statements and affidavits on selected elephant conservation issues and welfare cases.
- Disseminate science-based education through ElephantVoices.org, our social media channels and external media.
- Continue to work with Elephant Sanctuary Brazil and Global Sanctuary for Elephants as Co-Founders and Partners.