Our priorities for 2019 are:
- Population and launch of The Elephant Ethogram, a unique online database that documents over 300 African elephant behaviors with written descriptions, video (1500+ clips), audio and photographs.
- Continuation of elephant monitoring and conservation work as leaders of the Gorongosa Elephant Project, Mozambique.
- Engagement in collaborative research on elephant conservation, communication, behavior and culture.
- Continuation of our long-term fight against the ivory trade, the trophy hunting of elephants, and the capture of elephants for captivity.
- Provision of science-based advice, statements and affidavits on elephant conservation issues and welfare cases.
- Initiation and support of collaborative efforts to improve the conservation of wild elephants and the welfare of those in captivity.
- Engagement with the media to contribute toward a better understanding of conservation issues and interests and needs of elephants.
- Education through ElephantVoices.org, our social media accounts and in collaboration with others.
- Continuation of our support for and work with Elephant Sanctuary Brazil and Global Sanctuary for Elephants, as Co-Founders and Partners.